self funding your care
Breaking Down the Barriers of Self Funding
An Explanation
We recognise that choosing care community living is a major financial commitment, and that information and guidelines around fees and other costs can sometimes be complex and confusing.&nbsp; Regardless of your situation we strongly advise that you take independent financial advice from qualified advisors, such as&nbsp;<a href="" target="_blank" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">SOLLA</a>.&nbsp;Under the current means-testing system in England, if you have capital (savings and assets) worth more than £23,250 - or a high enough weekly income - you will need to pay the full cost of your personal care, including accommodation costs. This is called self-funding, and will apply to the majority of our residents. We feel its vital that everyone is clear of the financial implications of moving to a care studio.

From day one, and our advisors will work with all prospective residents to ensure that:

  • savings and capital will cover the fees for a period of at least two years (we require written evidence of this);
  • if the sale of any property owned by the resident is required to cover the fees, we will ask for a personal guarantee from a third party to cover the shortfall in their capital until it is sold (alternatively we can offer competitive part-exchange terms on the property);
  • eligibility for government benefits is assessed - some benefits, such as Attendance Allowance, are not means tested so it's good to check that they are not missing out on anything; 
  • any migration to NHS Continuing Healthcare funding (should the resident become eligible) will mean that the NHS will fully cover their health care needs. However, the resident will still need to fund the cost of the enhanced facilities and accommodation provided that are not required to meet their health care needs. 
Call us for more information or to book a tour

General Enquiries on 01935 350 070

or New Enquiries on 01935 317 811